Based in Meriden, Warwickshire (near the NEC and Resorts World) with Hybrid Working*
* We currently have a hybrid working model, 2:3 office and home working.
One Permanent Vacancy; 5 days per week (37.5 hours per week)**
** We’re happy to discuss hours and days with any successful applicant.
Cogent is an award-winning, independent, integrated marketing agency. We help brands to create belief that changes behaviour.
We’re super proud to say that:
- We’re ranked as one of Campaign’s ‘Best Places To Work’ in marketing (2 years running)
- We’re one of only 36 UK agencies to be IPA CPD Gold accredited (also 2 years running!)
- And we’re highly recommended by our clients, according to Drum Recommends.
- Better people,
- Better relationships,
- Better work
(yes, in that order)
What are we looking for?
This isn’t just a design role, it’s a conceptual role. Great design and craft are second nature to you, you’re all about the ideas, it’s what gets you out of bed every day. You love the challenge of creating exceptional design solutions, pushing boundaries, keeping design relevant to the latest trends, or creating them yourself. You’re not a brief answerer, you’re a brief challenger. You ask questions and solve problems to deliver effective creative solutions. You think strategically and conceptually on every brief. Size doesn’t matter to you, from a 48 sheet poster to a social 1×1 post, you know what works best in any media.
You will be working alongside the Creative Director and Head of Design to solve design challenges across a number of different clients and brands. You will also be required to work as a team with strategist, relationships, and content creators, to deliver great creative design solutions, while understanding client and team challenges.
You are able to present your ideas confidently, both internally and to clients, managing feedback and changes without compromising on creativity.
Great design, wherever it appears.
Knowledge & Experience Needed
- You have agency experience, designing for various brands across different media channels.
- You understand the advertising process and the requirements of integrated communication.
- You’re a natural when it comes to presenting your own work.
- You’re a dab hand at:
- After effects.
- And if you’ve dabbled in Animate, then that’s a bonus.
- High quality design, delivered efficiently in line with brief and best practice.
- Effective and challenging design, strategy and approach that challenges the status quo.
- Inspiring and engaging internal teams and clients.
- Delivering great design solutions from brief to final execution.
- Collaborating with different departments to solve client challenges.
- Sharing knowledge, ideas and inspiration with the creative team.
- Providing clear and persuasive rationales for your ideas.
- Presenting work to clients.
- Working on pitches when required.
- Always being calm and considered under pressure.
Total Reward Package
- £ Competitive salary
- Employer pension contribution of 4%, plus 4% employee contribution
- Employee Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- 35 days’ holiday (inclusive of BH’s and Agency Christmas Closure) full time equivalent
- One day each year (paid) for voluntary/charity work
- IPA member agency; plenty of access to industry related tools and learning
- Health cashback plan
- Access to retail, travel, vehicle discounts
- Flexible ways of working
- Various wellness initiatives
- Free onsite parking
Remember to check out the job applicant privacy note.